Delicious doesn’t have to mean unhealthy! This hearty chicken tagine is full of vegetables- rich in healthy carbs, high in vitamins and minerals, and healthy protein.
Try it at home and let us know what you think!
4 medium sized zucchini , cubed
2 potatoes, cubed
2 carrots , cubed
1 yellow squash, peeled and cubed
3 medium sized onions, cut into wedges
3 cloves of garlic, mashed
2 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sinnamon
1/2 teaspoon all spice
2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken breast ( with bone, without skin)
- Prepare a 13 x 9 inch roasting pan with oil spray.
- Rub chicken with all of the spices listed above.
- Place all vegetables in pan with tomato paste, oil, garlic, onions, and add chicken. Add salt and black pepper.
- Cover and marinate for two hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- Make sure covered tightly with aluminium foil, place in over for 1 1/2 to 2 hours . Uncover, and continue to cook for additional ten minutes. Sprinkle some chopped green parsley for garnish.
- Serve with brown basmati rice or rye sourdough bread
Serving Size : 1 cup of vegetables with one chicken breast. 1/2 cup of rice or 1 thick slice of rye sourdough bread.
Calories : 373 calories
Fat : 13.6 grams
Carbohydrate : 37.8 grams
Protein : 26.9 grams